Day trips №5
Shopping in Colombo
Start at 8:00 am - 9:00 am back at 17: 00-18: 00
Shopping tour in Colombo (duration shopping tour 5-6 hours), in a way 3hours.
PS: In addition to traditional products - gems, tea, spices, wood products, tableware, Sri Lanka produce clothing prestigious brands, home furnishings and fabrics. All guests of the island will find it in modern shopping centers, boutiques, galleries, and not on the "Parisian" prices.
The most popular handicrafts which purchased as a souvenir from Sri Lanka, is carved from wood and brightly painted mask depicting mythological figures. Center for the production of such masks is the city of Ambalangoda, located 85 km. south of Colombo. Also great demand for elephant figurines of various sizes, cut their precious wood or stone.
Although most of the best Ceylon tea is traditionally exported to the West, you can find a lot of places (starting with shops at the airport Bandaranaike) where this product is available in a wide range. Good Ceylon tea should be accompanied by a plantation (single estate), located in the mountainous part of the island.
Areas for shopping in Colombo
- Bazaar near Petta is considered the main city market, where you can inexpensively (if you wish to bargain) to buy a lot of things - from fresh fruit and fish, to electronics and spare parts for the car.
- Main urban trail Galle road is also famous as one of the main shopping centers in Colombo. Along the highway are the largest shopping centers Colombo (such as Majestic City, Liberty Plaza, ODEL). It is also the most popular gift shop state network Laksala Emporium.
- World Trade Center (English. World Trade Center Colombo) (also known as WTC Colombo or WTCC) - the tallest completed building in Sri Lanka. Height - 152 meters, so the tower are the third height of the twin towers in South Asia. WTCC - one of 320 World Trade Centers in 90 countries.
- Paradice road a lot of foreign tourists visit this place, for the purpose of acquisition: home accessories, gifts, furniture and fine art. The Gallery Café is the most popular place in Colombo. It serves international smithy and a few local favorites dishes. Lemon and ginger chicken, pork curry, cottage cheese with cinnamon, cream of palm sugar, creme brulee, etc. 2 Alfred House Road, Colombo 3.
- Barefot gallery café & shop. Space is used in a variety of forms: set by local and foreign photographers, concerts, poetry readings. Barefoot 706, Galle road, Colombo 03
- Laksala imporoum: fabric, batik, brassware, masks, clothing, handmade jewelry. 60 York strit, Colombo 01
- Crescat Boulevard designer clothing, watches, cosmetics, jewelry. Location 89 Galle Road, Colombo 3
- P & A (is literally 2 blocks on Duplikeyshn Road from House office fashion) - little people, things are great, and very cheap! or Nolimit. There is of course the local specifics. But you can find quality and stylish things, and here they do virtually nothing.
Apartments in Sri Lanka, most of them start working between 10:00 and remain open until 20:00 or 22:00. On Saturday, some of them works only half the usual time, and on Sunday most of the shops in Sri Lanka closed for holiday.
Large supermarkets and shopping centers are usually open all week from 10:00 to 20:00, and on Sunday closes at 15:00 or 16:00.
Back to the hotel at 17: 00-18: 00. Want to advance the time!
When booking, we write:
- room Tours
- Date of tour
- Place nazvanicheniya and closure
- Number of people